The question. What are the wedding trends for 2012?
The answer. Whatever fits YOUR personality and YOUR style!
Beside being true to yourself for your own wedding style, here are a few trends and ideas that you will see this year.
1. Branding – Making a defining statement about the couple’s personality and style. This can be done through every aspect of the wedding day such as the venue itself, colors used, attire everyone wears, invitations and favors. The branding can even be used by the couple after the wedding day to set themselves apart in other ways.
2. Fashion for Gowns – Today’s bride is a mix of romance, Victorian, classic and modern. Fairytale dresses, dresses with cap sleeves and bolero jackets are making a come back. The latest hot trend is not one gown but two, and changing the gown midway through the reception before the couple leaves.
3. The Unconventional Venue – No longer do you have to hold your wedding in a church, ballroom or country club setting. Your imagination is the limit. Weddings can be held just about anywhere. Put your personality and style into this venue, it will go a long way to scream, this is us.
4. No longer the Guestbook – Having your guest signing a book is not the norm any more. Signing picture and scrapbooks, mirrors, framed items, wishing trees, silver trays, and a mailbox with postcards. Anything and everything counts. Whatever is important to you will do.
5. Outdoor Evening Weddings – Summer heat takes a turn by having an evening ceremony and reception. Not only does this help with the heat but gives your wedding a romantic ambivalence and a festive feeling, just be sure you have plan B in place for unsuspected weather.
6. Guest Seating – Not just place cards any more. Attach them to fruit and specialty items, hang them from branches or lines, display them artfully and your guest will love it.
7. Bling and Color – Yes, these are still there and bigger than ever. Use bold colors and splash the color everywhere. Invitations, attire, flowers and even lighting. Bling on cakes, attire and centerpieces stand out and get notice. Your guest will be in awe and love it.
8. Destination Weddings – These weddings are becoming more and more popular for many reasons. Small intimate settings with only family and close friends to larger affairs as a vacation for all. Whether your dream is a castle or a dessert island it’s turning your day into a reality and making it your way.
The bottom line. Weddings are a couple’s personal affair that invites their guest to share in their moment in whatever way they chose to celebrate tying the knot. Why not start a trend yourself? What’s your personality and style?
We can help developed the look and flair you want. Give us a call 919.810.0777 today for your complimentary appointment.